Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Queen Bee



Credit: Linn-Benton Bee Supply
One day Bridger and I stopped off at my mom's house after school.  Mom pulled fresh rolls out of the oven, sliced up some ham, and offered four different kinds of jams/toppings for the bread.

We were talking about beekeeping, and beehive removal.  My brother Danny does both, and Mom was talking about how they have to get the queen for the hive to survive.  "I don't know HOW they can tell the queen from the rest; they all look the same to me."

Without missing a beat, Bridger responded, "It's the crowns."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!