Thursday, August 22, 2013

Futzing and Puttering

The soft summer breeze is blowing through the open window.  There are storm clouds gathering for another afternoon rain.  Marley is sleeping at my feet while the washing machine takes on another batch of clothes.  We've been for our walk, and now I'm waiting for Mark to finish with some of his chores so we can go to my friend's garden to gather food for tonight's dinner.  We're going to have Quiche with a Spaghetti Squash Crust because I know G. has plenty of spaghetti squash to spare. (Recipe here: Quiche with Spaghetti Squash Crust)


Days like this calm my nerves.  I'm able to take deep breaths and put worries aside.  How thankful I am for a feeling of peace.  I'm not gung-ho about deep cleaning, as many of you know, but I'm all about doing a little this and a little that.  I write for awhile, put a few things away, write a little more, browse the internet, jot down some more ideas, and do a little more organizing.

I'm still asked often, "Well, what are you going to do now that you're retired?"  This is it, folks. Futzing and puttering, puttering and futzing.  I don't have to rush anywhere, and the only schedule that I keep revolves around Bridger because HE has a schedule.  I take my time because I don't have anywhere to go or anything scheduled.  I'm just taking one day at a time, with some future plans to visit our kids up north, down south, in Denver, and ONE day...out to Mississippi to see our southern belles.

Here's to meandering through the day, and enjoying each moment as it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!