Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Own Little Comedy Central

Love these kids!


"Want to play domestic violence?" Dylan asks Jamie. He is holding a frying pan over his head.

"As fun as that sounds, I don't think so."

"I'll let YOU hit ME."

"That sounds a little better."

"I'll have the headache, but you'll get the mugshot."

WHERE DOES HE COME UP WITH THIS STUFF?

While we were considering our options of activities for the next day,  I suggested the "stuffed animal" museum.  I couldn't remember the name of it. Bridge was envisioning stuffed toys and didn't want to go.  Dyl told him it's really cool, actually, with all of the taxidermy exhibits.  (Rosenbruch Wildlife Museum, if you're ever in Saint George and need something to do besides bake your brains in the sun.)  Dylan then suggested another option, the new rec center.  "It has so many neat things...a lazy river, swimming pool, rock climbing, go carts, skydiving...Um, I made those last two up."

Dylan wanted to know if I wanted to go fishing with them.  He wanted to teach Bridge how to bass fish.  Dylan was telling me it's very scenic at Sand Hollow... a nice walk down to the spot... a road to walk along...

Jamie interrupted, "Why don't you tell her what it's REALLY like. I don't think you're painting a very realistic picture of what it's like there.  Unless you're fishing, there's nothing to do there except... sit."  

LONG, PREGNANT PAUSE.  It's very obvious Dylan has already taken his cute wife to this outdoorsy "paradise."  He was sitting there, looking at her with a dumbfounded expression on his face.

Jamie started to do the backstroke: 'Which... can be... really... FUN, but there's just not much out there.  There's nothing to do...except... sit.  Really.  You need to be honest with her."  Ha ha ha. I love Jamie!


She was right.  Not much to do but sit, but I came prepared, and brought my journal, and things to keep me cool.  I simply sat, and enjoyed watching my boys spend time together fishing on the shore.  Thanks for the heads-up, Jamie!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!