Monday, May 12, 2014

Where Peace Is, Happiness Will Follow


Are you happy? Are you really, really happy? If so, I'm happy for you. If not, why not? Or is that too painful to consider?

My friend Rhonda asked me if I was REALLY happy. My simple answer is YES. The longer answer is I feel peaceful, and that is the feeling I have been seeking since last summer. 

There have been moments recently when I catch myself in a freeing laugh that comes from deep within, when I'm with kids, or when I'm with friends, and it startles me because there hasn't been near enough laughter lately.

Where peace is, happiness will follow. I feel so much more calm. I was desperate to let go of the anxiety that dogged me everywhere I turned before my life got so crazy. 

Am I happy? Yes, I truly believe I am. Will I be happier? I have every reason to believe that the best is yet to come. Thanks for asking, Rhonda. It's good to think about these things from time to time.


7 comments:

  1. Very nice piece. I think you have something about happiness following, and staying, where peace is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stella, thank you. I hope happiness will STAY. That's the goal!

      Delete
  2. I am so happy that you're really happy. I knew you hid things and showed a very brave face. I can truly see that you are on your way down the yellow brick road... I love you and thanks for making a blog with my name in it. Am I now famous? lol
    I <3 v e you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You persevered to leave your comment! Well, let's see; define famous. Right now, 27 people have read your name. Is that famous enough? By tomorrow, maybe 80 people will have read it. Fame is highly overrated. You are a good friend; that's the best way to be!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww! nice post, short, sweet and to the point! I like!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!