Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Here it is the first of May, and I'm a week and a half behind in the blogging challenge. You wouldn't even know that if I didn't tell you, would you? So why even mention it? 


It's pertinent to the topic today.

There has been a letter P with a flashing cursor behind it on this blank blog page for daaays. P is for PERSISTENCE, right? Or POSITIVITY? Or PLEASURE? Nope. P is for PROCRASTINATION. The A-Z Blogging Challenge ended yesterday, and here I am, still plodding along at my own pace, hoping to finish sometime in May.

April 18: the letter P. I'm only 13 days late.

Motivation has been in short supply lately. It's not like you guys are sitting on the edge of your seats, waiting to see what I'm going to write next, or anything. I have no publisher, expecting me to make a deadline. I won't earn any more money, and I certainly couldn't earn any less, if I blog every day. I do write nearly every day, but I don't always publish my words for public consumption. 

Now some bloggers are organized, and plan out the whole challenge weeks before it begins. Not me, though. I like the thrill of waking up, and seeing what happens when I sit down at the keyboard. 

These last couple of months have been unpredictable for me, as my doctor has been experimenting with medications and dosages to help me with my sleep. Some nights I woke up every hour on the hour. Often, I woke up in the middle of the night, and struggled to fall back to sleep. Lately, I've been dragging myself out of bed to walk the dogs with Chuck at 4:30, and then Bristol and I head back up to bed for another two or three hours.

So, here we are. It's May 1. Happy May Day, everyone! Tomorrow we'll see what the letter Q inspires. 

Queen? Quick? Quagmire? Quiddity?

I'm just as curious as you are; maybe even a little more so!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!