Thursday, April 26, 2018

Okay. Okay. Okay.


Around our neighborhood there are little reminders that remind me that everything's going to be okay. They make me smile every time I see them. I'm not just talking about the signs of spring; although they are pretty amazing, in and of themselves. I'm talking about these spray painted words on the grass and on stumps and on sidewalks. 


Yes, I know these happy-looking words are actually marks left by the utilities companies (think Blue Stakes in Utah, or JULIE in Illinois) that indicate they have checked their lines, and the area has been cleared for excavation, but I love the colors, and I love the big OKs. They make me feel a little happier.

Confession. When I read, "Okay. Okay. Okay," I hear Matthew McConaughey saying, "All right. All right. All right." And yes, that makes me smile even more.

And you know what? We're going to be okay; you and me. All of us. Maybe today doesn't feel like it, but eventually, things will work out. They always do. Hang in there, if today is one of those days for you. You're going to be better than okay. Just wait; you'll see.




Some more signs that things are already getting better around here: signs of spring!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!