Monday, May 14, 2018

Yoga for a Rainy Day



Listen,  can you hear that? The rain is softly pelting the roof, the leaves, the grass, and the sidewalk. Thunder rumbles overhead, and the house shudders ever so slightly. I'll open a window so we can hear the gentle symphony of this spring rain. 



The rain cleanses the earth, and I think it cleanses me, too. It helps me clear my thoughts, and refreshes my spirit. The dry, brown grass of winter is a distant memory as I survey all of the lush greenery in our neighborhood. Flowering fruit and ornamental trees line the streets, and all of the bulbs and early flowers are in bloom. 

So when I woke up to a rainy day, I decided to celebrate the rain. I searched on Google for "yoga for a rainy day," and was not disappointed. As I stretched and moved on my bright pink yoga mat, the dogs watched from the couches. 


On Mother's Day, Dylan and Jamie recognized my yoga practice with some fun yoga socks and a necklace featuring a lotus flower and the OM symbol. The necklace was attached to a card that read "Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most." I felt a shift in my energy and motivation as I put the necklace around my neck. I knew I would be getting my yoga mat out soon.



This rainy day was a perfect opportunity to practice yoga. Toward the end of my session, the puppies joined me on the floor, and Sami softly nuzzled my ear, and Bristol gave me enthusiastic kisses. 

There is something so therapeutic about a rainy yoga session that ends with smiles, laughter, and puppy dog kisses. I'm glad for the inspiration given to me by my married kids. Today has been a great day already, and it is just starting.


3 comments:

  1. So thankful for your posts and YOU! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a boost to know you were here reading my blog. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!