Friday, May 11, 2018

This Is Me, in Front of the TV




As you know, I've kind of struggled with illness since the New Year. I was not only physically sick with respiratory ailments and fatigue, but I've struggled emotionally and mentally while my doctor experimented with different medications and dosages, trying to find a combination that would allow me to sleep at night, and feel like myself during the day. I've spent a lot of time on the couch these last few months. 

Occasionally, I found myself watching This Is Us on TV, and by occasionally, I mean, faithfully, every single week, as soon as it was available on NBC.com. I laughed and cried along with Jack and Rebecca as they raised their triplets. 

Then I discovered Parenthood. I devoured all six seasons, devoted to following each episode of the Braverman family's life. As my Parenthood viewing came to a close, I wondered what I could watch next. Never fear; Netflix had the answer for me in my suggestions. "Since you liked Parenthood, you might like Gilmore Girls."

Bridger's fiancĂ©e and her mom given Gilmore Girls a rave review, so I thought I'd give it a try, and I'm so glad I did. Lauren Graham co-stars as Lorelai; I had already adored watching her in Parenthood. It was like a reunion with an old friend, and then I met new friends, her daughter Rory and all of the quirky residents of Stars Hollow, Connecticut. 

You guys, I'm on the last season of Gilmore Girls. I'm already starting to feel a sadness as each episode draws to a close, knowing the end is nearer. I just found out there is a three part Gilmore Girls movie that I can watch after I finish the series. Yay!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to find out what Lorelai and Rory are up to next. Will Lorelai and Luke get back together? Will Rory stay with Logan? Will Richard and Emily ever mind their own business?
No spoilers please! I know I'm late to the party, but I don't want to ruin any surprises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!