Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Add a Little Zest!

My basic scone recipe produces a nice, moist scone, featuring a sweet glaze, but it is sooo much better when it has a boost of citrus flavor. Add some freshly squeezed juice, and a little grated zest from the skin of the fruit, and the scones go from good to amazing. Whether I've used lemons, limes, oranges, or grapefruit, I've never been disappointed. The zest makes an incredible difference.

It is so easy to get caught up in our day-to-day living. Our lives start to feel basic and boring. Sometimes we forget to do the little things that make our days feel special. Our lives are like that scone recipe; adding a little zest can take things to the next level.



For me, there are some things that give me a keen sense of enjoyment. 

Lighting a scented candle.

Reading poetry or a good book.

Practicing yoga.

Walking outside.

Listening to country music or old Motown hits.

Taking pictures.

Talking to my husband or a friend.

Hiking.

Holding a baby, or talking to a child.

Writing.

Creating something, like a collage or a memory book or a card.

Soaking in the bath tub.

Baking something special for someone.

Learning something new.

Taking a class. Today I went to a watercolor painting class at the library. 




What is one thing you could do right now that would add a little zest to your day? This afternoon, I have a new recipe I'm going to go try, Cauliflower Mac and Cheese. We're trying to find low-carb sides that will appeal to Chuck that will help with his diabetes, so if you have any suggestions, send them our way! While I'm in the kitchen, I'm going to crank up some Marvin Gaye and the Commodores. 

If you would like to try the scone recipe, you can find it HERE. This version has lime AND coconut, but you can substitute any citrus flavor that is your favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!