Thursday, April 12, 2018

Not-So-Random Acts of Kindness




A random act of kindness is a "non-premeditated, inconsistent action designed to offer kindness towards the outside world." 

I'd like to propose that we perform "Not-So-Random Acts of Kindness" each day. Wouldn't it be so cool if each of us made a point to be consistently kind? I know; I know. I'm probably preaching to the choir here. 

I love being random as much as the next gal; my blog is called Randomocity, after all. But being intentional, and having a purpose are important to me, too. Setting a goal to be of service has got me thinking that in addition to the little random things we can do, we should purposefully set a goal to do something for someone else each day, or think even bigger, and choose a few folks we want to encourage.

Need some ideas to get started? Here are a few articles that popped up in my Google search. 







Go ahead! Be random, and be kind. Be purposeful, and be kind. Follow Anne Herbert's advice, and "Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty." Just don't limit yourself to random acts of kindness for strangers. Being kind to our family and friends matters. 

Let's  make a point every day to make someone's day a little better.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!