Friday, December 1, 2017

Hello, December!


Now that we've officially said goodbye to November, it is with open arms I welcome December. I know, I know; just a few short weeks ago, I was in despair over the passing of autumn. I'm nothing if not unpredictable. My unpredictability is probably the most predictable thing about me. Just ask my poor husband.

All good things must come to an end, so that more good things can begin. Autumn is my most favorite season, and it leads into ANOTHER favorite season, the season of Peace on Earth, Goodwill to All. And let's not forget, winter is the season of SNOW!

Photo Credit: Chuck Bennorth


There is so much to look forward to in December. My mind is racing with all of the fun possibilities before us. Some of my favorite memories involve snow; skiing, both cross-country and downhill, sledding, building snowmen, making snow ice cream, school closures for snow days, and lately, walking in the snow with my handsome husband. 

Photo Credit: Dylan Waters


Our tree is finally decorated. I dragged my feet on that task this year, dreading how the puppies would react to a Christmas tree. Besides having to say, "Leave it" a few times, they are just happy to be able to sprawl out on the couches in the family room when we are in the "Christmas room." This weekend Chuck and I are going to see the movie about Charles Dickens, The Man Who Invented Christmas. I'm hoping seeing Dan Stevens in a movie will satisfy my longing for Downton Abbey.




The Fine Line Christmas sale is this weekend, and we will join Kate and Jim there, and have dinner together later. Next weekend we will take our cameras to Christmas at Kline Creek Farm. We have some fun photo shoots this month, too; a Girl Scouts event, a maternity shoot, and another family shoot. 


Staying busy will help us while we wait for our big family gathering with the Bennorth boys at their mom's. It is so nice that we all get along, and consider each other extended family. They have included us in their celebrations, along with Chuck's folks, for the last couple of years. We'll have all of them over for a brunch or supper during the holiday, too. It will be so fun to have all three boys, our daughters-in-law, and grandson all in the same place!

Snow much fun! (2015)

Soon the snow will fly.  I'm looking forward to the occasional snow day for my husband that will allow him to work from home. He doesn't seem to appreciate snow days as much as I do, but it may have to do with who ends up shoveling the most snow. Hmmm...



Farewell, November. You've left me so full of gratitude for family, friends, and relative good health. 


Welcome, December, so full of hope and promise. I love the magic of Christmas, and we'll look for opportunities to be of service. That's the best part of the magic, in my book. Our hearts tend to be softer, our touch more tender, our words more kind, as we contemplate the true meanings behind the special holidays we celebrate this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!