Sunday, December 24, 2017

Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-LLAMA!




Somewhere along the way, my daughter started calling me Mama Llama. I don't even remember when that started, but it was years ago. So Sierra became my Llama-Llama, or Llittle Llama. Ever since, I have been fascinated with llamas, even if at first, I constantly confused them with alpacas. Sorry, llamas of the world.

Mama Llama lloves her Llama Llama.

Are you familiar with Anna Dewdney? She published her first Llama Llama book in 2005. I have been drawn to the series ever since I became Mama Llama. 

When I babysit my little neighbor Elise, I love it when
she chooses one of her Llama Llama books to read.


Is it just me, or have you noticed there is no shortage of llama-themed items this year? I have been so tickled to find so much llama stuff when I go shopping, or even look online. I can't afford to buy all of it, so I take pictures, and send them to Sisi. 

For my birthday this year, Sisi found me the most adorable Christmas sweater. I can't bring myself to call it an UGLY Christmas sweater, but it is over-the-top festive, and features an adorable llama in a Santa hat. 



Two little purchases I made were a mug and a Christmas tree decoration. I figure spending $5 on myself isn't a criminal offense, just a little selfish, right before the holidays and all. I was just proud I was able to resist all of the other adorable llama goodies: tea towels, Christmas stockings, stuffed toys, totes, notebooks, and canvas prints. My willpower is pretty incredible when prices loom over $5. 


When my friend Susan and I went to Cosley Zoo this fall for a Coffee and Cameras day, I had fun snapping pictures of the llamas. Making memes of the prettier one has entertained me more than once. 


The prettier one? Yes, there was a less-than-llovely llama that could have used the services of a veterinary orthodontist. Do you think that specialty even exists? 

Unfortunate Llittle Llama


So now you know how my fascination with llamas started. I'm pretty proud to be called Mama Llama. 

Thank you, Llama Llama for giving me my nickname. I llove it, and I llove you. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!