Thursday, December 1, 2016

Welcome! Welcome, December!


Now that we've officially said goodbye to November, it is with open arms I welcome December. I know, I know; just a couple short weeks ago, I was in despair over the passing of autumn, but all good things must come to an end, so that more good things can begin. Autumn is my most favorite season, and it leads into ANOTHER favorite season; the season of Peace on Earth, Goodwill to All. And let's not forget, winter is the season of SNOW!


There is so much to look forward to in December. My mind is racing with all of the fun possibilities before us. Tomorrow we are going to Geneva for the Winter Walk. (Picture horse-drawn carriages, people bundled up as they walk from store to store, chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Seriously. They do that here.) Dinner with friends. Driving around to look at all of the holiday lights in the neighborhood. There is the Christmas dinner at church. Two of our sons and our future daughter-in-law will spend an evening with us so we can celebrate the holidays with a meal. We are flying to Utah to spend Christmas week with our kids there. SQUEAL!!! I will get to see my mom, other relatives, and friends.
 

Soon the snow will fly. That means a fire in the fireplace. Hot cocoa. SLEDDING! And you know I'm looking forward to the occasional snow day that will allow Chuck to work from home.

Chuck doesn't share my love of snow days. Maybe if I shoveled snow, and he took pictures, he'd be happier.  2015

Farewell, November. You've left me so full of gratitude for family, friends, and relative good health. Welcome, December, so full of hope and promise. I love the magic of Christmas, when we look for more opportunities to be of service. That's the best part of the magic, in my book. Our hearts tend to be softer, our touch more tender, our words more kind, as we contemplate the meaning of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!