Saturday, December 10, 2016

Feliz Navidad!

Christmas is a holiday near and dear to my heart. The lights, the decorations, and the warm memories I have of Christmases past give me many reasons to smile. 

One of our Christmas ornaments is my very favorite, a small handmade clay ornament that I purchased at a holiday boutique when Sierra was born in 1989. Baby Jesus is wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying on a bed of straw in the manger.


Many years later, after Bridger had joined the family, my children and I were in the living room decorating our large, live tree. My toddler son tapped me on the back as he helped me unpack the Christmas ornaments, holding the Baby Jesus ornament in his hand.

"Mama, look, somebody put Jesus in a burrito!" 


That is exactly what it looked like. No wonder I love that ornament so much; it combines my favorite holiday with my favorite cuisine. 

Every year, he smiles as we retell the story of Jesus in the burrito. One day, I'll give my favorite ornament to him, so he can tell HIS children the story from his childhood Christmas. 

Feliz Navidad!



2 comments:

  1. You can't fault him for the truth. Burrito, manger, doesn't matter since he is covered and loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Stella. We love our Christmas traditions and stories.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!