Sunday, August 26, 2018

Magic and Fairies and Pixie Dust





Ask any child their favorite part of the Bristol Renaissance Faire, and chances are, they'll tell you the fairies. Ask any photographer their favorite subject at the faire, and the answer just might be the same. It can't just be me, can it?




There is something so magical about the Fantastikals. I honestly forget I'm a menopausal, retired school teacher if fairies are nearby. Somehow the heat seems less hot in the Fairie Glen, and the humidity less oppressive. When I am watching the fairies through the lens of my camera, my heart slows, and I find myself smiling. 



It's easy to believe in magic and fairies and pixie dust when immersed in the world of the Fantastikals. There is a certain magic in that shady glen that for many of us helps us suspend reality, and if only for the time that we're there, makes us feel like children again.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!