Saturday, August 11, 2018

Sunday Funday

PLEASE NOTE: My last blog post was about the importance of being RUTHLESS when it comes to editing/deleting/sharing photographs. Well, today I have to confess there's gonna be a lot of RUTH up in here. I was not RUTHLESS in my photo selection, so I guess I'm being RUTHFUL by sharing photos that would not meet with Chuck's criteria for a good photograph. I am using these pictures without my kids' permission, and without Chuck's authorization, and I might get myself in some hot water, but they say it's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission, so...

I must say in Chuck's defense, the reason you would not have seen these photos if I had not taken it upon myself to share them, is because he only likes to share photos that are pleasing to the eye and flattering to the subject. Many of the pictures I will share with you today are not doing me or my family any favors, but y'all! These are too fun not to share. 


Here, I'll go first. This photo is not tack-sharp, and it is not a glamour shot, by any means, but look how much fun I'm having. Chuck captured some of my favorite, favorite memories from our trip to Utah. If you are one of my kids, and you are thinking you might not be able to forgive me for sharing a picture of you laughing your head off, then would you stop reading now so I can keep having your undying devotion? Please; it means so much to me.

Now for our regularly scheduled blog post:

A Wonderful, Flattering Photograph
Photo Credit: Chuck Bennorth

Whether you are looking for something fun to do on a Sunday or not, I think you and your tribe might really enjoy these games we played with our family in Utah: Telestrations and Bandu. And no, I am not being paid to endorse any products; I just felt like telling you about some fun, family-friendly games!

Another Wonderful, Flattering Photograph
Photo Credit: Chuck Bennorth

My son Dylan and his wife have a weekly tradition of Sunday Funday. This summer we enjoyed a Sunday Funday with them in Saint George when we all got together the week of Bridger and Joscelyne's wedding. Having all eight of us together, plus two of the granddogs, sure made for some happy memories for this old mom.

Elle the Frenchy and Rocky the Boxer

It was a hot, hot Sunday afternoon, and none of us wanted to be outside in the heat of southern Utah, so we decided to have a game day. Dylan and Jamie taught us how to play Telestrations (based on the old game of "Telephone," with the added hilarity of DRAWING the word instead of whispering it to the next person so they can relay the information to the next player). 



The basic game was perfect for us; 8 players for ages 13 and up. (If you have younger children who want to play, I think they'd have a blast, as long as they are readers.) 


The Board Game Family has a great review of Telestrations, and I have to agree with their one recommendation: buy the Party Pack so up to 12 players can join in the fun. It really is a great game.



After borrowing the game Bandu from our neighbors more times than we want to admit, Chuck and I finally bought it for ourselves.  Bandu is a stacking game with the added intrigue of bidding, which has its effects on strategy and outcome. We bought the game to play with our kids in Illinois when they come to visit, and to take to Utah to play with our kids there. 


Why yes, I was standing on a barstool to take this picture.
Bandu is a game for 2-6 players, and is recommended for ages 12 and up. There are 54 wood pieces, and 30 bidding beans in the box. One game can be played in 15-30 minutes, but plan on taking longer than that. It's so fun, we've always played several games during a sitting. For a review of the game and playing instructions, check out this article at Geeky Hobbies




Judging from the smiles and laughter, I think our kids like Telestrations and Bandu. And judging from the furrowed brows and looks of concentration, I think there is just enough brain power and creativity needed for both games to hold their interest. 


Nice capture of Braedon! See, not all of them are silly shots that shouldn't be shared.
Photo Credit: Chuck Bennorth

See? Aren't these great shots?

Maybe not Facebook profile pic material, but fun, right? Maybe not...

I'm pretty confident Sisi won't care. She loves to make silly faces.

See, Jamie? A nice photo to make up for the laughing one. I love both of the pics. I love you!

It's hard to find an unflattering picture of Miss Josce. She'll have to settle for a nice one.
Photo Credit: Chuck Bennorth

I love when my kids are laughing.



When tears are being wiped from eyes, we know we're having some serious fun.


Proud Bandu tower builder right there.

Did I go too far? I hope not. It was all in good fun.
Seriously, if you want to laugh and have a good time,
check out the games Bandu & Telestrations.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!