Friday, April 14, 2017

Lapdogs


According to Merriam-Webster, a lapdog is a small dog that may be held in the lap. When we first adopted our little puppies, my favorite thing to do was to sit on the kitchen floor, and let Bristol and Sami crawl in my lap. If there's anything better than a lapdog, it's two of them.



Feeling their warm, wriggly bodies pressed against mine made me feel like we were from the same pack. We were bonding. How I loved those moments.



As Bristol and Sami are growing rapidly, they would like to challenge the dictionary definition. To them, a lapdog is any dog that thinks it is small enough to fit in the lap. And they continually try to do so, together.


I've had lapdogs that ranged in size from a Boston terrier to a full-grown Boxer. So while our growing puppies don't exactly fit the size constraint of the definition, they are willing to force their way onto any lap. 


Right now, they each weigh over 30 pounds, and are on their way to being 45-65 pounds. They will be lap dogs then, too; it's just that there may be some dog spillage over the lap. When there's a will, there's a way. These two will always find a way to squeeze onto a lap. 

My lap extends from my chest to my shins these days.



2 comments:

  1. Aw, so sweet. I can't imagine having that much dog weight on my lap, even, an extended lap such as yours. They are growing up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful as always. So love your humour and how you bring the dogs' personalities to life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!