Friday, March 9, 2018

My Miracle Morning


Just when my PERSISTENCE was slipping, I heard about Hal Elrod's book, The Miracle Morning. I couldn't wait to read it, and I devoured the whole thing in less than 24 hours. Who wouldn't want to learn about being our best, authentic selves by committing to simple, daily habits that can be completed before eight o'clock in the morning? 


Ask Chuck; I love browsing the self-help and personal development books on Amazon and at Barnes and Noble. This book is right up my alley. Maybe you would like it, too.

You know I'm already a morning person (thank you, insomnia), but Elrod's advice applies to my friends and family who are night owls, too. 

Hal says he was not a morning person, either, but he became one after making two incredible comebacks; one after a horrific accident left him in a coma, and then later, after hitting rock-bottom; financially, emotionally, and spiritually. Over time, he developed a morning routine that changed not only his life, but many others' lives, too.



Are you living the life you imagined for yourself? Are you interested in becoming your best self? Do you want to feel more confident and happy? Are you trying to figure out what you want to do with "your one wild and precious life?" Is living life to its fullest appealing to you?

Hal Elrod's tips are not a secret; just Google "Miracle Morning," and your search will lead you to all sorts of resources to experience a Miracle Morning for yourself. Many of them are free, offered by the website in the link above. I didn't even pay for my book; I borrowed it from our library's online site.


The mnemonic device for the Miracle Morning routine is Life S.A.V.E.R.S. By getting up one hour earlier, and spending that time on these six tasks, we can all start our day feeling energized and more confident. By taking this time for personal development, we can discover our passions, and set specific goals for what we hope to be and do.

S is for SILENCE.

A is for AFFIRMATIONS.
V is for VISUALIZATION.
E is for EXERCISE.
R is for READ.
S is for SCRIBING. (Most of us call this task WRITING, but Hal says a word that starts with W wouldn't work with the mnemonic.)

"See things as you would have them be, instead of how they are." -Robert Collier

Canva.com is my go-to site for making graphics, and I wanted to create visual reminders of my morning routine, and a vision board of what living my best life would look like. I found pictures from a time when I was taking care of myself, eating clean most of the time, lifting weights, and doing cardio. It wasn't just about losing weight then. Of course, I set specific fitness goals, but encouraged by Bill Phillips, I also set goals to serve others. Each day I set an intention to help three people with support and encouragement. My goals is to bring together the best parts of who I used to be, and who I am becoming. 



As I approach the end of my fifties, I know if I commit to living my best life, I will feel better, and look better. I am not striving for perfection; just authenticity. I'm looking forward to turning sixty. My life is just getting better and better.

Let me know if you check out The Miracle Morning. I'd love to know I have friends and family who are walking the same road I am. I will be re-reading the book these next few days, taking my time to let all of this good information sink in, and make a difference in my morning, and in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!