Wednesday, March 14, 2018

A Miracle Midnight

My Miracle Morning started just after midnight this morning. I figured I might as well put my insomnia to good use while I waited for my meds to kick in, since I had forgotten to take them at bedtime.

What a great idea, right?

So there I was in the middle of the night, still in bed, practicing silence, offering a few prayers for sleep, and some expressions of gratitude. I reviewed my affirmations and visualizations, and then I read about Job in the Bible for about 10 minutes. By then, I was feeling sleepy, and headed off to dreamland. I vaguely remember dreaming about Daddy; how I wish I could retrieve the details because I woke up feeling happy.


Yesterday a friend and I talked about the overwhelming feelings we get when we look too far into the future. For her, it is knowing a loved one would not be recovered enough from surgery to walk until mid-summer. For me, it is realizing it is going to take months of work outs and clean eating before I can reclaim my smaller clothes from the guest room closet. Mid-summer was looking so far away for both of us.


We agreed that if we can focus on this moment in time, and live each day fully as it comes, we will both feel better. It's not always easy to do, but it nearly always improves my attitude to break a big goal down into manageable chunks.



This morning, after Chuck headed to work, I walked Bristol and Sami for 20 minutes, and then I had a healthy breakfast of spinach and eggs.

How does that much spinach shrink down to a small portion of veggies in
my skillet?

You've heard about eating frogs early in the day so the rest of the day just gets better from there? I decided to EAT MY FROG right after breakfast this morning, which was deep-cleaning my little bathroom. I pulled EVERYTHING out of the cabinets and drawers while my breakfast cooled. As soon as I finished eating, I cleaned, purged, and organized. To make my frog a little sweeter, I listened to some motivational podcasts. The time seemed to fly by, and I am so glad I got that out of the way!


By 7:30, I was feeling pretty accomplished, but I decided to empty a kitchen cabinet, knowing that I wouldn’t be able to tolerate seeing that mess on my countertops for long, and then all of my canned goods will be organized with just a few more moments of work.

This day is off to a great start. Now that I've done my "scribing," thanks to my blog, I'm off to work out with a Beach Body video. My miracle midnight led to a miracle morning, which is giving way to a miracle day. If you're interested in learning more about my experience with Life S.A.V.E.R.S or about The Miracle Morning, click on the links in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!