Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Tell Me Something Good


Some of you know I've been a little sad lately. Sweet memories make my throat tighten, and my eyes sting. I struggle to put into words how I feel. Even with medication, sleep is elusive, and I just want to stay home, and snuggle puppies all day. Comfort foods sing their siren call, and my workouts become more and more sporadic. 

Seasonal Affective Disorder? I don't have an official diagnosis, so my apologies to those of you who do, but winter is just a tough, tough time emotionally for me. It doesn't help that I live 1,400 miles east of my kids, my mom, two of my siblings, and so many wonderful friends. And it doesn't help that I live 744 west of my other mom, the other six of my siblings, and my childhood friends. 


Sigh. What's a girl to do? I've done a lot. Moped, cried, read, talked, ate, walked. Some days I hunker down, and some days I push myself out the door. I've been struggling, y'all. Poor Chuck. Poor Susan. They're trying to do the work of a whole heaping lot of other people in my life who are just too far away. 


Christmas 2016
Photo Credit: Chuck Bennorth

I wanted to be able to tell you something good today, and I finally can. I booked a flight to see my family in Utah. THAT is my biggest something good. Thanks to a very understanding husband, and friends who help with our dogs, and to my kids for gathering, so I can see the kids all together.


You want to know some other things that are good? Today is my beautiful daughter-in-law's birthday. 

Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl.

And another thing? We have snow in the forecast for the weekend. Ya-hoo. I love me some snow. I hope there is enough to go sledding, and that I can take macro shots of snowflakes, and that Chuck and I get to go for a walk in the snow. 





Today is January 31, 2018, the day of the Super Blue Blood Moon, and since I woke up at 2:30, I figured I would take advantage of the photo op, and take some pictures. Finally, around 5:15, the cloud cover thinned out enough for me to go outside to play with my camera. Any day involving photography is a pretty good day.



So many good things, now that I'm getting out of my rut. 

But wait! There's more!

Bristol is sleeping at my feet, and Sami is stretched out beside us. I drank some good German coffee this morning, and had pineapple pizza for breakfast. In an attempt to get some nutrition down my gullet, I made a yummy protein shake that tasted like a Dreamsicle. I'm meeting Sharon for a walk. I'm taking my mother-in-law out for lunch. Chuck and I are going to watch The Crown on Netflix tonight.



There's always a lot of good stuff happening, when I take the time to look for it, and take the time to make plans.

So, tell me something good. What have you found, and what are you planning? I hope there is at least one really good thing that makes you smile today.




2 comments:

  1. Well, I missed the moon, which has left me feeling sad. There was a time when I'd have remembered something like that and had all my kids up and wrapped in blankets to see it. Poor little boys are missing some of those things...So I really need to tell you something good this morning.

    I got my January envelope exchange project wrapped up and ready for the mail, and in the process remembered how much I like carving stamps! More of that in my future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janna, you are doing so many things right. I am sorry you missed the super blue blood moon, but you are scoring points right and left with your boyos. ❤️

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!