Saturday, October 7, 2017

What's All the Fuss About?

Credit to Sarah K. Henry of Inkytiger Art


Is today your birthday? There sure are a lot of people I love who have a birthday today, so if it's your birthday, too, let me wish you a very happy birthday!



My BFFs share a birthday; today, October 7. They aren't twins, having been born a couple years apart, but they are two of my most favorite people on this planet. 

Freshman year of college, 1979

I started celebrating October 7 many years ago, almost FORTY years ago, to be approximate, with my college roommate Cindy on her special day. She helped me remember the date by associating it with James Bond. Double O-7. 10-07. It helped!


Then nearly forty years later, I met the most wonderful man of my life, and he chose me to be his wife, and HIS birthday is October seventh, too. It was a sign; a very good sign. 



Chuck and Cindy are alike in many ways. Those two can recall commercials, cartoons, TV shows, and movies like nobody's business. Quotes roll off their tongues without a hitch. They both have a head for numbers, which makes me feel jealous. Cindy and Chuck are voracious readers and they love words. You know what I like most about these two humans? They both love me, unconditionally. 



I just wanted to take a moment to wish these two the happiest of birthdays. They are the best kind of people; smart, funny, witty, kind, and compassionate. I love you both.

Happy Birthday, Sue!

Not only is it a special day for Cindy and Chuck, but other birthdays we celebrate today are our sister-in-law Sue's and our friend Susy's. 


Happy Birthday, friends. I hope you feel as special as each of you are. You deserve the very best of blessings!






2 comments:

  1. This made me tear up, D. I do love you unconditionally and know I get that right back from you. (But I'd love you even if you didn't love me back unconditionally - because that's what unconditionally means. I think. I'm confusing myself.) Love to you and Chuck and Sue and Susy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That did get a little confusing, but I understood. I think. I love you!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!