Friday, October 13, 2017

A Tradition of Pumpkin Pics


Every October when my children were little, I took pictures of them with pumpkins. Sometimes I asked them to climb into the pumpkin display outside of our local grocery store, and occasionally, I took their pictures at the pumpkin patch, but every year they could count on a photo session with pumpkins. 



Now that the kids are grown, and all of them are living on their own, it's much harder for me to get these pictures. Sometimes it involves some cajoling, a little bribery, and this year, I'm trying something new. A public reminder on my blog. A-hem.


A few years ago when I went back to Denver to visit Sierra, I had to beg her to let me take her picture at Whole Foods. She was so worried she was going to get in trouble. I teased her that there were no pumpkin police, and she wasn't going to hurt anything to take a quick picture.
This was about five years ago. Not sure if I've been forgiven for this picture yet.


A few years ago, the boys recreated one of my very favorite pictures of them. 



Just last year, the boys and I posed in front of Harmon's grocery store, and I also managed to get Sierra and Bridger to the Abraham's pumpkin patch in Elsinore. 


When I went to visit the kids last month, I had high hopes of carrying on our little tradition, but it was still early in the pumpkin season. Few stores in Utah had them in stock, and none of them in Saint George had pumpkins on display in front of the store. 


A couple of weeks later I was surprised to get a text from my daughter-in-law. She apologized for their puppy Elle's expression, but she wanted me to know she got a picture of our "kids" with the pumpkins.




Expecting the others to step up, I sent a group text telling Bridger and Sierra that Dylan had sent his pumpkin picture; where were theirs? Here we are, a couple weeks later; and still no additional pics. I reminded them Dylan had sent his; he must love me very much.

Dylan texted back "#favoritechild #notadopted." Gotta love the sibling rivalry that is alive and well in our family.

I'm still waiting for the younger ones to follow the example of their big brother. 

HINT. HINT.



Whilst I wait, I will enjoy sharing some of my favorite pumpkin pictures with you. We only have a few more weeks to enjoy these orange beauties. I plan to hit a couple of pumpkin patches soon; in Illinois with Chuck, and in Florida with Chris, Amy, and CJ.












I can't wait to see this little punkin this weekend in Florida!



2 comments:

  1. I love this tradition!

    Man, your kids are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janna! I just love fall so much, and sharing that with my kids has been something we all enjoyed.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!