Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Cameras and Coffee in Wheaton


Ever since my camera and coffee compadre Susan surprised me with a trip to a marsh and a little coffee shop in Elburn, I knew I needed to up my game, and try to come up with a surprise for her. Susan presents a bit of a challenge for me because she grew up near Saint Charles, so it is harder to find places with which she isn't already very familiar.


LUCKILY, I chose to visit Wheaton, Chuck's home town, and even though Susan lived there as a young girl, there were still surprises for her as we walked around the blocks of downtown Wheaton. She'd never been to the famous Little Popcorn Shop, and she didn't realize that Cafe on the Park was the little coffee shop inside the Wheaton Library.

It is LITERALLY the LITTLE Popcorn Shop. Susan is standing
in front of the entire storefront. 

The library's cafe serves I Have a Bean coffee, which is a local roaster in Wheaton that gives people a second chance who may otherwise not be able to obtain a job. Chuck is friends with the owner, and we are so impressed with his ministry to people who are trying to enter the workforce after incarceration. Susan and I enjoyed iced tea and coffee at the shop, and then headed over to the I Have a Bean office to pick up some coffee beans for home. 



It was another great adventure with our Cameras and Coffee. This is a tradition I hope we will continue; it has been a great way to get to know each other better, and to practice our photography, while becoming more familiar with where we live. 

This is me in front of Chuck's favorite store. He thinks it is hilarious that I cannot remember
that is the WISE PENNY resale shop. I always think it is the Whistle Stop, or Penny Whistle. 
Popcorn shop address, 111 1/4  reminds me of Harry Potter's platform 9 3/4. 

Popcorn Shop's door

You just never know who you'll see in a store window.

Behind the windows of a winery.















Suzette's Creperie















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!