Friday, September 13, 2013

*Ginger & Spice Waffles with Chunky Peach Syrup


Hold on to your hat, folks, we've got a winner right here!  I had some leftover Peach Syrup in the fridge, and I've been dreaming of utilizing some ginger, and there is nothing more tempting than waffles for breakfast.  Enter my latest concoction:  Ginger Spice Waffles with Chunky Peach Syrup.

This is the way I did it, but feel free to tweak this recipe to suit you; you know I would, and did!

Peach Syrup

Bring to boil 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water.  Add 2 cups of diced, fresh peaches to the syrup and let it boil for one minute. Remove from heat.

Ginger Spice Waffles

Forgive me for using Krusteaz Pancake mix as a base; it's just what I do when I don't feel like measuring out baking powder & soda, and salt.

1 cup of All-Bran, soaked in 1 cup of almond milk (or whatever you drink) in a small bowl
3 egg whites, beaten until stiff peaks form in a medium bowl
1 1/2 cups of Krusteaz in a large bowl, to which you will add:
1 teaspoon of ginger (I'm going to use FRESH next time)
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon

I did not add any sweetener (sugar or Stevia), but you could.  One thing I will experiment with NEXT time (translation: TOMORROW) is to crumble a couple of ginger snaps and add to the batter right before cooking.

Combine the All-bran mixture with the dry ingredients with enough water to make a fairly stiff batter.  (Start with a cup, and go up from there.)  Then gently fold in the egg whites

Cook in waffle maker.
Top with Chunky Peach Syrup, and whipped cream or topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!