Saturday, May 14, 2016

Whirlwind Weekends

As anyone knows, weekends are fleeting. Friday night and the two following days pass by faster than any other two and a half days, don't they? My husband likes to pack in as much as possible during his time away from work. Following his passion recharges his batteries even more than resting, so that's what we do. We take every opportunity to shoot pictures, and this weekend will not be an exception.

Last night after dinner, we took turns practicing the drums, and relaxing on the couch. By 7:00, we were off to Fine Line Creative Arts to watch Fight with Monsters and Jake Mack perform music from their latest albums. We left for home before 9 because we have an early Saturday.

When Chuck asked me of all the things we have lined up for this weekend, which did I predict would be my favorite, he said I can't pick the down time we'll have at home in between the activities. 

It's kind of a joke between us. He is Mr. Go-go-go, and I'm Mrs. Homebody. We're not POLAR opposites; we both enjoy having fun and relaxing, but we do have preferences on our levels of activity. 

His question wasn't easy to answer. I told him I was probably most looking forward to exploring the Janesville Renaissance Faire in Wisconsin, but I'd forgotten about getting to go to the Lincoln Park Zoo this afternoon. Hm. Ren faires and animals are two of my favorite things to shoot with my camera. I'll go with those two things; I know I'll like them both.
Humboldt Park.

Today we have to leave for Chicago at six to shoot a 5K charity event for a local school until noon where we will get to see our oldest son and his fiancé, and then we're off to the zoo. Tomorrow after church, we're heading to Wisconsin to visit a renaissance faire, and then Chuck has commitments as the volunteer photographer for the Waterline Writers event in Batavia Sunday night.

Whew. I was worried I wouldn't be able to wake up early and get my morning routine out of the way before we had to leave this morning, but I shouldn't have been concerned. By 2:45, I was wide awake, and ready to start the day. I know it's probably weird to you that that makes me happy, but when this early riser is raring to go way before dawn, it means things are back to normal. After FEELING ALL THE FEELS, it's time to DO. ALL. THE. THINGS!

I have a little time to myself before Chuck will wake up. Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for my second cup of coffee, and time to read my latest book, Wild and Free by Jen Connolly. I love these early mornings, AND whirlwind weekends. 


2 comments:

  1. I finally found a Personal Assistant who can get to me at 6 AM on Saturday. The extra hour has already made a difference today! Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had all the things to do. Sounds fun and exhausting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!