Saturday, December 15, 2018

A Foggy Winter's Night

After we saw A Christmas Carol at the Albright Community Theatre, Chuck and I walked out into the chill of the night, and were impressed with the heavy fog that gave all of the lights in downtown Batavia a soft glow. Perhaps, like me, you dream of a white Christmas, but the fog does have a certain magical quality of its own. 




Silhouettes of trees offered a dark contrast to the soft illumination of the holiday lights in the distance. 



Headlights and tail lights pierced through the darkness, adding more color and illumination to the holiday scene.



Green wreaths wrapped in old-fashioned colored lights were hung on the lamp posts along the streets of Geneva. 



Colored lights resembling pine cones made me think of Daddy's favorite strands of lights; big, fat bulbs of color strung around our Christmas tree we bought from the Lions' Club lot every year when I was growing up in Virginia. 



Even the traffic lights were shrouded with fog, and I was reminded to stop to enjoy the beauty of this season. It's everywhere, when we take the time to look, even on a foggy, winter's night. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!