Wednesday, November 21, 2018

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! I know. I know. We haven't even had our turkey dinner yet, but as soon as we do, I'm all about pulling out my Christmas boxes, and putting up my tree. If I hadn't been sick this last couple of weeks, I would have done it earlier.


Coffee and Cameras days have been few and far between for Susan and me. She has such a busy teaching schedule this semester. Thank goodness college professors have holiday breaks, and we were able to have a great morning at the Luau coffee shop in Wasco before driving out to Shady Hills Gardens to explore the poinsettias and holiday decor. 


It has been such a long time since I felt well, and had energy to go shoot just for fun. Sometimes Chuck and I have commitments for local theaters or the arts council, and while I enjoy those opportunities, I really like to have time to compose a shot, and think about what I want to capture. 


Today was so good for my soul. Creating takes energy, but it energizes, too. Have you noticed that? Maybe you bake, or knit, or paint, or act, or sing, or anything that involves producing something you enjoy. I hope as the holiday season gets in full swing, you'll be able to find some time to do the things that make you happy. 


Happy Holidays, friends. I know sometimes the logistics and planning can overwhelm us, but when it comes right down to it, the opportunities to be with family and friends is what it's all about. 


Simplify the things you can, and seriously, eliminate the unnecessary. Adopt new traditions that allow everyone, including you, to rest and relax, and just enjoy the special days on your terms. 



However you celebrate the special days in November and December, I hope you take time to enjoy making new memories, as you savor the sweet ones from the past. 


2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!