Thursday, November 15, 2018

The Fairest Feet of Faire

Moonie the Magnif'cent

During the last couple of weeks, I've been working with my photographs, more than my writing. It has been fun to find common themes in my work, and one that has surfaced quite often is FEET, and more specifically, SHOES. 

Large of Barely Balanced

You might find it odd that I take so many pictures of feet, both bare and dressed, but they say so much about a person. Going barefoot, or choosing a particular pair of shoes is a form of expression. 

Mr. Humphrey of the Dirty Duck


Each summer as I edit my photos from the Bristol Renaissance Faire, there are always a few shots of fashionable footwear featured in my favorite photos. The shoes are as unique as the people who wear them, and tell a lot about the characters. Bristol boots and shoes have a magical quality regular shoes just don't have. For one thing, they're covered in Bristol dust, which is a little like faerie dust, if you ask me. 


Grandmother Cobweb of the Fantastikals


At Bristol, I am fascinated with the shoes and boots the actors wear. Most footwear is made of leather. Many have curled up toes, just like the genie shoes I used to make out of Play Doh in kindergarten. Some have ornate buttons. Others are fanciful with decorations or colors. 

Guild Master Dandy Goodwill

So today, I am sharing some of my favorite footwear photographs from the Ren faire. Don't these pictures make you want to get to know the owners of these feet a little better? Or maybe like me, you long to wear fun shoes like these, too. I think we can agree; these fun foot coverings evoke happy feelings with their whimsical and fanciful touches. 




If you had to choose a favorite, which pair would you vote the fairest feet of the faire? 

Moonie


Grandmother Cobweb


Moonie


Grandmother Cobweb









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!