Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Happy Acres




There are several phrases that tumble around inside my head that make me think of my dad with fondness. Today I was texting Sierra, and trying to make her smile, so I tried using one of my dad's old lines on her.

I sent her a silly birthday meme of a ridiculously large body builder that said, "Happy Birthday, Pumpkin." 


"Why do I find this so hilarious?" I asked Sisi.

Sierra said it's because I could picture his saying "pumpkin" and he doesn't look like one to say it. Maybe that was it. I also mentioned he looked orange to me. 

"Maybe he eats buff pumpkin stuff," she suggested. 

We both smiled at that thought. There was a time I ate Buff Pumpkin Stuff several times a day and my skin actually turned orange, especially the palms of my hands. At least I knew I was getting enough carotene. 

"Thanks for the smile," she told me. 

"It's all part of our service here at Happy Acres," I said. I paused. "My dad used to say that whenever we thanked him for something."


"I miss Granddaddy," she said. Oops.

Way to go, Mama Llama, I thought. And I was trying to make my little Llama Llama smile. I had to do some fast thinking.

"No sad thoughts! You and I have had enough stress for one week. THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS!" Then I did what any mom would do in that situation. I sent her a picture message to make her laugh. It was a Sponge Bob meme.


"Lol. Okay. I'll try harder," she responded.

Whew. That was a close one.

It's all part of our service here at Happy Acres. 

P.S. I miss you, too, Dad.








1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!