Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Outtakes from the Family Photo Shoot

Photo credit: Sierra

One of the perks of being married to a photographer, and having adult children who are shutterbugs, too, is that we have a never-ending supply of family photos that rotate through our frames and the refrigerator's display surface. This last trip to Utah, Dylan and Sierra took some great shots of Chuck and me, and of course, Chuck took some amazing family photos. 


Photo credit: Dylan
In this family photo, Chuck took advantage of the one shady spot he could find in front of a boulder covered in petroglyphs. There was only a strip of shade, but he figured if we lined up along the crack between the two rocks, our group would just fit. He rose to the challenge of harsh lighting conditions, extreme heat in Saint George, and my goofy kids. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place, but Chuck made it work!


Photo credit: Chuck


Our children all grew up in front of a camera, and they know how to pose. It doesn't hurt that they're all photogenic. That said, they also like to ham it up for the camera, and we all share the same sense of humor. Behind every great photo, there are a couple of silly ones, but I think sometimes the natural smiles come after the shenanigans of the photo taken before. 



Today I decided to share some of my favorite shots, for real, and some of my OTHER favorite shots, just for fun. Photo shoots are never boring with this tribe. 


Chuck asked Bridger to lean closer to the rock. He nailed it, don't you think?

Photo credit: Chuck Bennorth. Note: all of the rest of the photos were taken by Chuck. Blogger is being
naughty, and deleting each picture I try to caption. Gr.

Bridge comes through when he has to, though.


We went up Monroe Mountain with Sierra and Jared to show Chuck some of our favorite places. He was impressed with the panoramic views up there. We were able to do some shooting, too. Just look at these two.  


While setting up a shot for Chuck, I asked the kids to get closer, and touch each other. I got exactly what I asked for. 


Knowing what to do with our hands is always awkward. Unless you're Dylan, the cool dude in the sunglasses. He just acts naturally. The rest of us, not so much.


These two, though. This is my beautiful daughter-in-law Jamie and my oldest, Dylan. So photogenic. Chuck got some great shots, and this one was no exception, except it IS pretty exceptional. 


Smiling for every shot gets boring. Leave it to Sierra to liven things up.



Thank goodness, we had plenty of shots where everyone cooperated, and put their best faces forward. Or sideways. Whatever. 



Photobombing at its best. 


Last, but not least, one more of Bridger. 


I'm thinking we might need to compile a book of our favorite shots that wouldn't necessarily make it into the traditional family photo album. The collection will only grow, based on previous experiences, and really deserves to be archived. Honestly, some of these are my favorites. The kids' personalities come through, loud and clear, which always makes this mama smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!