Saturday, September 22, 2018

Where Are Youuu?



What could be better for a fall photo op than children with pumpkins? Not much, in this mama's opinion. Fall is my favorite season, and it goes without saying I think my kids are the perfect models.
 

Every fall, as soon as the pumpkin displays went up in front of the local grocery store in Utah, I convinced my little ones to do a mini photo session for me, using the store's pumpkins as the background, or sometimes photographing them at one of the farmer's pumpkin patches. Occasionally, I am with them during my favorite time of the year, and can actually make sure these picture traditions continue.




Taking pictures of my kids with pumpkins is the tradition I miss more than many, and I still try to convince my adult children to send me pictures of them with pumpkins each fall. In case you're wondering, some years I am more successful than others.

Thanks to my beautiful bonus daughter Jamie, I can usually count on getting a pic of Dylan with pumpkins. Thanks!!!

One fall, I went to Denver to visit Sierra. When we went to Whole Foods, I was so happy to see they had plenty of pumpkins in front of the store. 

"Sisi, let me take your picture!"

"Where?"

"In the pumpkin bin with the pumpkins!"


As you can see from the photo, my girl was horrified. I don't know if she thinks there is a special security unit that polices pumpkins, but the look on her face says it all. I hope she has forgiven me for that slight indiscretion. 


Last week, I was so excited to see a cardboard crate filled with bright, orange pumpkins in front of our store here in Illinois, and I sent Sierra this text: "Where are youuu?"




Her response? "I'm safely outside a box of pumpkins where the feds won't catch me." I think I've scarred her for life.

In the future, I think I will have to stick to photo shoots of my girl with pumpkins in their natural habitat. Sisi seems a lot more relaxed, and her smile is so sincere.



Since I know my kids read my blog, I am getting my requests in early. Dyls! Sisi! Boo! SEND ME YOUR PUMPKIN PICS!!! I can hardly wait!







2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!