Tuesday, September 4, 2018

58 Sleeps and Counting


Each day as I get dressed, the first thing I don is my Italian charm bracelet from Dylan. Sierra has given me several necklaces and a bracelet, most of them personalized with the names of my children, and one with my dad's handwriting. All of these pieces are like touchstones for me, making the miles between Illinois and Utah feel more manageable. 



This morning, I poured myself a cup of coffee into the mug Bridger gave me for Mother's Day a couple years ago. He wanted me to be able to remember my "favorite child" during my coffee time each morning. 

All three of my children tease about being my favorite. They are. All of them. 

My favorite oldest with his sweet wife.

My favorite oldest. My favorite daughter. My favorite youngest. 

My favorite daughter with her adorable boyfriend.

While I sipped my creamy coffee, I listened to Sierra's mellow music playlist on Spotify. The words from a particular song penetrated my thoughts as I was looking for airline tickets to Utah. The song was "Half the World Away" by Aurora. 

My favorite youngest with his darling wife.

Sometimes my kids feel like they're half the world away, but all of these little rituals help me feel closer to them. With Chuck's love and encouragement, I get to fly home a couple of times a year, in addition to the road trips we take together.

52 days ago, Chuck and I said goodbye to my babies after Bridger and Josce's wedding reception.

After verifying dates with my husband, our dog sitter, my children, and my bonus kids, I clicked PURCHASE TICKETS. And my eyes welled with tears. It's really happening. 

According to Frontier Airlines, I get to check-in with them in 56 days and 14 hours. You know I'm counting the sleeps until I arrive in Utah. 


58 sleeps and counting! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!