Thursday, November 2, 2017

Cameras and Coffee at Cantigny



Cameras and Coffee at Cantigny. The word nerd in me loves that alliteration. The photographer in me loves that I have a friend here to share my love for coffee and cameras during Chuck's work week.



Susan and I ventured out on this cloudy November day, cameras in hand, to see what we could see at Cantigny in nearby Wheaton. The leaves are still in the process of changing; there weren't a lot of vibrant fall leaves on the trees yet. My biggest fear is the leaves will go from green to dead, and drop off the trees before they've had a chance to bejewel the branches.


After about an hour of shooting, we headed inside to visit Bertie's Coffee shop. I had a two dollar coffee that was good enough to not need sweetener, and Susan enjoyed her latté and a lemon bar. 



We laughed and pondered and talked and teased. It is such a blessing to have a friend like Susan. We can share our concerns for aging parents, and delight in each other's stories of our grandchildren. We tell stories from our past; we dare to mention our hopes and fears for the future. 


I took over 100 pictures today, and I challenged myself to select ONLY a dozen to share. That is hard for me. I get emotionally attached to some photos. I love the light in one; the color in another; the contrast of the black and white in another. Sometimes I love the subject matter so much, it challenges me to delete a less than stellar photograph. So these photos are my favorite images, distilled from a much larger collection.


Again, I am trying to remember LESS IS MORE. Presenting my best quality versus a large quantity of mediocrity should be my goal. I'm learning that from my husband. It has been a process these last three years. 

This reminds me of the sorting hat from Hogwarts School for Wizards.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!