Monday, July 31, 2017

And Thus It Begins...



Sleep has been in short supply for me lately, so I kept my to-do list brief today. All I had to do was grab some groceries, and make Bristol some rice for his upset tummy. Anything beyond these basic chores will make me feel like I'm Wonder Woman, for a little while, anyway.

Poor baby Bristol. He hasn't been feeling very well.


When I entered the grocery store, I made a beeline for the fragranced candles. I don't know what it is about this time of year, but I start noticing a shift in the seasons that is all but imperceptible to most. There I was, looking at the selection when I saw what I knew I had come for: PUMPKIN WAFFLE scent. A big, fat, three-wicked candle was mine for the taking (and paying), and then it was time to do what I came to do; get food!


Things were going well; milk, half and half, cottage cheese, yogurt. Wait, what was THAT? Pumpkin Pie flavored yogurt? Already? Get in my cart, you cute little thing. I will indulge in you later today while I'm inhaling the aroma of my new autumn candle. 

I knew this was coming; it always happens at the end of July for me. Last year I was burning MULLED CIDER CANDLES right before August. Just last week, I baked up my first batch of CRUSTLESS PUMPKIN PIE (AKA, Buff Pumpkin Stuff).  Oh, I do love pumpkin spice in all its forms.

Am I jumping the gun? Of course, I am; I always do. I love shopping for autumn things during the summer, and Christmas things in fall. I figure I get to enjoy two seasons at once that way. 

Don't worry, I intend to enjoy every last minute of this summer season, but I'm going to do it surrounded by the flavor and scent of pumpkin spice everything. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some sleeping to catch up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!