Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Goodbye, November...Hello, December!


Now that we've officially said goodbye to November, it is with open arms I welcome December. I know, I know; just a few short weeks ago, I was in despair over the passing of autumn. All good things must come to an end, so that more good things can begin. Autumn is my most favorite season, and leads into ANOTHER favorite season...the season of Peace on Earth, Goodwill to All. And let's not forget, the season of SNOW!

There is so much to look forward to in December. My mind is racing with all of the fun possibilities before us. We will celebrate Thanksmas, finally, this weekend with our Utah kids and my Mom and Richard. My daughter is flying back to Illinois to spend a few days with Chuck and me. We will have a full house in Illinois for Christmas dinner, with all the kids, Chuck's folks, and our little grandson. Bridger is coming to spend a week of Christmas break with us. Soon the snow will fly.  I'm looking forward to the occasional snow day for my husband that will allow him to work from home.

Farewell, November. You've left me so full of gratitude for family, friends, and relative good health. Welcome, December, so full of hope and promise. I love the magic of Christmas, and we'll look for opportunities to be of service. That's the best part of the magic, in my book. Our hearts tend to be softer, our touch more tender, our words more kind, as we contemplate the gift of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!