Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Out of Towners


In our marriage, there are times when one of us is out of town without the other. Typically, I'm the one traveling because my kids all live in Utah, and the rest of our kids live in Illinois.


Days before I leave, Chuck starts making his plans. "I'm going to watch <insert gory/war/action movie title here>. I'm going to get Lou Malnati's sausage pizza. And I'm going to run the dishwasher every day, if I feel like it." 

Give that man a little freedom, and he goes crazy! 

We don't watch a lot of TV or movies; most of our time together is spent TAKING pictures, and EDITING pictures. When I watch a movie, I want to feel good, and if possible, I want to laugh out loud. I don't share Chuck's enthusiasm for the classic American action film. 


We could eat pizza every night, and it wouldn't be too often for Chuck. For the first couple of years we were married, I was the one ordering pineapple or veggies on my half of the pizza. I'm slowly converting to eating sausage; it's a  preferred Bennorth topping, and it's just easier to not be the odd girl out every time the family orders pizza. 


Poor Chuck; he hates that I would rather wash a couple of things by hand than run a nearly empty dishwasher when his favorite spoons are dirty. I pack the dishwasher until it is at fully capacity before I run it. Yes, we both believe our own way it is the right way. 


Tonight, the tables are turned; Chuck is the out of towner, and I'm staying home with the dogs. All afternoon, I have pondered how I want to spend our time apart. You can bet I'm not running the dishwasher, and probably won't until Chuck gets back home! 


The TV remote is mine alone, so I can watch anything I want; a romantic comedy, or Queer Eye, or Tidying Up with Marie Kondo. Who am I kidding? I'll probably just watch Gilmore Girls again. 


What about dinner, though? Should I get a Portillo's Chicago-style dog? Oh, I do like those, and Chuck is not a fan at all. I also considered picking up a cauliflower pizza from the next town over, but they're pretty pricey. 


Hah! I just found a recipe for CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST on the iFOODreal website. I love to bake, and I'm trying to find other ways to entertain myself that don't include flour, sugar, and chocolate. 

My evening is coming together nicely. I'll find something to watch on TV while the pizza is baking. Then my crazy night of pizza and TV will be spent with Bristol and Sami. We Bennorths know how to party.



Come home soon, Honey. I'll try not to go too crazy. 





2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!