Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Encouraging Words for Wednesday


Things are going better in the sleep department. I slept in until two. And that's better, you might be wondering. It's all relative, isn't it? I fell asleep at 7:30 last night, so tired, and I managed to sleep until 2:00. Then after Chuck left for work, I slept from six to eight. That is EIGHT AND A HALF HOURS, y'all. Woo-hoo!


While I was on the couch in the early morning darkness, I was reading motivational quotes to help strengthen my resolve to be persistent. As you might imagine, insomnia interferes with persistence. 

Monday, I didn't work out at all. Tuesday, all I managed to do was a 15 minute yoga session, but that was better than the nothing of the day before. I just wanted to do a little better today than yesterday. I had gotten more sleep, and it was uninterrupted, so I needed to take advantage of feeling perkier this morning.


A funny thing happened while I was reading the quotes. I found myself lacing up my shoes, and pulling out my workout equipment. I turned on the TV, and found my workout for the day. 

Oh, lands. It was a sixty minute video. I'd only been doing 20-30 minute ones. I just decided to press play, and see what happens. Even if I stopped working out after a half hour, that would be an improvement over yesterday. 


Baby steps. Baby steps.


But guess what? I kept going. I made it. I worked out for 60 minutes; a whole hour. This girl, who usually snuggles with her velvet hippo until Chuck wakes up, got off the couch, and got it done!


Are you looking for encouragement for your day? Maybe these quotes will help you, like they did me. I'm so proud of myself, and that's a pretty good feeling. My 2018 got off to a rocky start, thanks to sleepless nights, and a less than positive attitude. 

Here it is, more than halfway into January, and I'm finally finding some resolve. Go, me. 


And go, you! We can do hard things. I hope you have a wonderful day, and that you do something today that makes you proud. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!