Monday, August 28, 2017

We Got Us Some BIG Dogs, Y'all!

June 8, 2017

Just for fun, I thought I would weigh the puppies this afternoon. Bristol is coming up on his (let me count on my fingers...) ninth month Saturday, and Sami will be 9 1/2 months old.


April 4, 2016
Yeah, I thought weighing them would be fun for me; I love seeing how big they've grown. I forgot that the less fun part of figuring out their weights is I have to step on the scale first to get the number to subtract from the weight of the puppy plus me on the scale. DANG. That number was bigger than I wanted to see.


May 6, 2017

Depressing moment aside, I can't tell you how happy I am that we have such big lovable mutts. Bristol weighs 70.4, and Sami weighs 59.6. Holy moly!


Remember when I wrote Growing Like a Weed (or Two), and I shared the maybe-not-so-scientifically-proven-mathematical-formula for predicting a dog's weight when full-grown? If we were to believe the formula, which is to double the puppy's weight at four months, Sami should weigh 44 pounds, and Bristol, 65 pounds when they are adults. 


June 2017
Guess what folks? These are not going to be little doggies. And I couldn't be happier! I'm the kind of dog lover who thinks "the bigger, the better." I just adore Mastiffs, Saint Bernards, and Cane Corsos. Since Chuck is more of a mid-size dog person, I knew I couldn't search for a big dog outright, but no one said I couldn't choose the biggest pup of the litter.

April 15, 2017

When I saw the size of Bristol's huge, honkin' paws the first time I held him at Anderson Animal Shelter, I knew he was going to be a whopper. He is not going to let me down.



And that beautiful Sami girl has been growing right along behind him, getting longer and taller every month. Bristol is shorter than Sam at the shoulders, but certainly outweighs her!


Here is a size reference for how long Sami is. In the picture below she is lying on the box that encased Bristol's crate we just replaced. She is LONG. (Bristol slept in it curled up in a ball, trying to keep warm; we weren't being cruel! Sami stretches out as much as possible.)


I love big mutts and I cannot lie. How fun! How exciting! The Puppy Tails Adventures continue. I can't WAIT to see what they weigh in another month or two. But I think I'll let Chuck do the heavy lifting, and he can use HIS body weight on the scale next time! Yeah, that's a really good idea.

Photo taken four days before today's weigh-in. Big dogs, I tell ya. Really big dogs. 




2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!