Tuesday, October 18, 2016

A Day to Celebrate!

After a whirlwind week with my kids in Utah, I'm back in Chicagoland. I've done my yoga. My walk took me down to the river and back home. Laundry is going, the bed is made, and I'm rocking out to Wilson Phillips as I eat my quinoa, yogurt and blueberries. It's a great day already.


Today is a big day of celebrations in our family. It is my youngest's birthday. Bridger is 19 today. Hard to believe. We celebrated with dinners out, and German Chocolate cake while I was with the kids last week. Today I posted an earlier blog post in honor of Bridger, entitled "Celebrating This Boy."



Today is also the second anniversary of the day I met Chuck in person. We met, face-to-face for the first time, at the Asheville airport in North Carolina.

Great Smokey Mountains, 2014

One look at him across the airport lobby, and I just knew meeting this stranger was going to be one of my best decisions ever. My first words to him were, "You are perfect." He truly is perfect for me, just what I've always needed, and I didn't even know I could dare hope existed. HE'S REAL! So very, very real. I am the luckiest woman ever because I realize just what a treasure I have.

This is what Chuck had to say about the day we met:
"I drove all over those mountains looking for you that day, and am so glad that I was able to find you. What a wonderful trip and a wonderful two years. Magical. Thanks for choosing me, for taking the time to explore the mountains with me and for saying yes at the end of the week. You are wonderful and perfect for me. I love you."


Next week, we will get to revisit the Smokies, where we fell in love, and Chuck asked me to marry him. I love how romantic he is, and am looking forward to our future. There is no one with whom I would rather grow old. If the last two years are any indication, t's going to be a blast!

1 comment:

  1. Denise...I am so very HAPPY I stopped in for a visit with my Pinterest board. You are still one of my favorite people. I am glad you finally found happiness with someone who is deserving of your affection.

    As for me. Still with Jim. By the end of 2016 we will have added 3 more grandkids to the our brood. When we last talked we had Kohen with Finn on the way. We now have Hayes, Jake's Twin girls Sloan and Afton born Sept. 13 and Hayes little brother Link due to arrive before the end of the year to Noelle's family. We had a college graduation and wedding all this past year. It has flown by at mach speed and for our family an extremely memorable one.

    Again I am so very pleased you found happiness. You deserve it. Your friend, Dorre

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!