Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Sweet Surrender

When confronting challenges, we always have choices. We can try to control all of the variables, or we can recognize our limitations, and release our expectations

There have been times in my life when I have felt despair in my circumstances. I have tried to imagine myself in a better place, but more often than not, my imagination is limiting. When I'm in a dark place, any hope of a brighter tomorrow flickers dimly.

Over time I am learning that if I let go, and release my expectations, blessings greater than any I could have dreamed come into my life. When I see my trials as opportunities, I free myself to explore the possibilities, rather than focus on the problems. When I see challenges for the gifts that they are, I am blessed beyond measure.

There are hidden gifts in our trials; it is our job to find them. If I am willing to admit that I have no control over the outcome, I am humbled by the experience. The only control I really have is over my attitude. Each time that I surrender to what is, instead of fighting it, I discover blessings of strength, knowledge, and peace.

I don't know how my story is going to end, but I have to believe that it is going to be an adventure with a happy ending. There will be conflict along the way; every good story has to have that. I just have to trust that things are going to work out just the way they should. I will do my part by not fighting the present moment, and surrendering to it. There is so much to be gained by experiencing each moment as it comes today, releasing all of our expectations for tomorrow. Accepting what is without struggling against it is the first step to opening ourselves up to the limitless possibilities of tomorrow. 

The secret to surrendering to what is lies in not giving up, but in being willing to let go to allow the miracles to take place. Have faith that things will work out just as they should. Accepting what is, and surrendering to it, is the first step toward peace.

"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." 
-Albert Einstein





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!