Saturday, July 25, 2020

Folks of Fall

Summer lovers, you may want to skip this one. If you love summer, I hope you enjoy every single moment. I'm glad you do. I won't yuck on your yum; please, don't yuck on mine.  I like summer well enough; I just don't do well in the damp heat of Illinois.




For the folks focusing on fall, you are my people. We're already thinking about pumpkin spice recipes, and wanting to light some autumn candles.We're eyeing those sweaters in the back of the drawer, and thinking about cooler weather and hot beverages. 


Chuck just doesn't understand how I can like fall better than summer. 

"What ACTIVITIES do you like better in the fall?" he wants to know. "What can you do in the fall that you can't do in the summer?"



It's not so much the activities, as it is the WEATHER.



Basically, I can enjoy ANY activity better in the fall because I'm not sweating, dehydrating, or feeling faint because of the heat and humidity. Walking and hiking and biking are all more fun, if I'm not feeling like I'm going to have heat stroke.

I have a weakness for pumpkin patches, fall leaves, and all things pumpkin spice. I'm also counting down the days until I don't have to mow the yard, and I can watch the leaves change. Mmm...I love me some fall.  


Fall is coming; I felt a hint of cool last week when I was mowing my grass, and it was like a glimpse of heaven. I felt tingly all over, thinking that my super-hot summer days are numbered.


Sure, we'll enjoy the rest of the summer, but in our hearts, the folks of fall are dreaming of the days to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Randomocity. Like most writers, I enjoy interacting with the wonderful people who read what I have to say, so please, if you would like to leave a "blogment," I would love to hear from you!